OPTIO S5I FIRMWARE UPDATE
OPTIO S5I FIRMWARE UPDATE V.1.00
- The month and day fields in the initial startup screen of
the Optio S5i are reversed. While this will not limit the
functional ability of the camera, it can be confusing. This
firmware update corrects the reversal of these two fields.
Note: After installing this firmware update, your camera will
still show the current version of the firmware as 1.00 which is
- Please click the download link at the bottom of this page,
and save the download file to your Desktop.
- Double click the o5ie100w.exe file to decompress it. Click
the OK button.
- You will now see the following expanded files:
Note that the fwdc130p.bin file is the firmware update. The
readme.txt file contains instructions, similar to this page,
which you may want to review.
- Connect your Optio S5i camera to the computer according to
the instructions in the PC Connection Manual. The camera will
become a removable disk drive in the My Computer window. Copy
the fwdc130p.bin file to the camera's removable disk
- You will now have the fwdc130p.bin firmware file on the
removable disk, which is the camera's memory. Note that the
fwdc130p.bin file should be on the top or root level of the
removable disk drive as shown below. It cannot be located
inside of any sub-folders on the removable disk.
- Disconnect your camera from the computer. You are now ready
to install the firmware update. For these next steps, we
strongly recommend the use of an optional AC adapter or a fully
charged camera battery.
- Press your camera's MENU button, and while holding down the
MENU button, turn the camera on. Once your camera turns on and
displays text on the LCD screen, you can release the MENU
- You will see the following text displayed on your LCD
NEW VERSION IS
Use your four-way controller to select YES, and then press your
- You will now see NOW LOADING on the LCD screen for
approximately 30 seconds. Be careful to not interrupt power to
the camera while the firmware is loading. When the procedure is
complete, the LCD screen will say COMPLETE and you can turn the
- Now, you can turn your camera on normally (i.e. without
holding down the MENU button). Be sure to format your camera's
memory to erase the firmware update file. We also recommend
resetting your camera settings. You're finished,
MACINTOSH USERS can follow this same process after clicking on
the Macintosh download link below.
- Download and save the Macintosh download file.
- Double click it, to decompress it with your Stuffit
- Connect the camera to the computer.
- Copy the firmware file (fwdc130p.bin) to your camera's
drive, then disconnect the camera from the computer.
- Proceed with the installation of the firmware as outlined
I have read the above instructions.
USB DRIVER DOWNLOAD FOR OPTIO S5i
With your new camera you will receive a CD-ROM (S-SW25) with USB drivers. These drivers, when properly installed, allow your computer to see your camera as a disk drive, allowing you to download your images. However, if you do not have your CD-ROM, for whatever reason, you can download the USB drivers from this page.
WINDOWS DOWNLOAD & INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
You must download and install these drivers before you attempt to connect your camera to your Windows computer.
Download the usbsw25.exe self-extracting driver file and save it on your computer's hard drive (the download link is at the bottom of this page). The desktop is a good place to save it where you can easily find it.
Double click the usbsw25.exe file to extract its contents.
Click UNZIP to complete the extraction.
This alert will tell you when the extraction is complete. Click OK, then close the Self-Extractor window by clicking the CLOSE button.
Now, you will have a folder on your C: drive called usbsw25 as highlighted below.
Double click the usbsw25 folder to open it.
In the usbsw25 folder, double click the SETUP.EXE icon, circled below, (it might just be called SETUP) to begin the installation of your USB drivers.
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation of your USB drivers.
After you finish installing your USB drivers, you can connect the camera to the computer with your USB cable. The computer will then see the camera as a new removable disk drive in the My Computer window.
MACINTOSH DOWNLOAD & INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
You must download and install these drivers before you attempt to connect your camera to your Mac. These drivers are for MacOS 8.6* only.
Download the SLG USB Driver.sea.hqx file, and save it on your computer's hard drive. It is a self-extracting stuffed file.
After you download and save the SLG USB Driver.sea.hqx file on your hard drive, double click it. It will then unstuff in the same window, creating a folder called SLG USB Driver.
Double click to open the SLG USB Driver folder.
Double click the PentaxDrvInstall6(E) file to install the USB drivers.
When the drivers are finished installing, a message will ask you to restart your computer.
Click YES to restart.
Now, when you connect your camera to your computer, the computer will see it as an untitled disk drive which will appear on your desktop
* Most recent versions of the MacOS will automatically recognize your camera as a disk drive when you attach the camera to your computer. You only need to download and install Pentax-supplied drivers with the older MacOS 8.6.
- WINDOWS USB DRIVERS (3.61 MB): Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98 Descargar