Esta sección permite ver, imprimir y descargar fácilmente información adicional acerca de su producto: seleccione material informativo y manuales de los productos.
Downloading of Firmware
Latest Optio330 Firmware Update
Optio330 digital cameras with a firmware version number below 1.10.
To check the version number, turn on the camera while holding down the Menu button. The version number will appear in the center-left of the LCD screen.
Changes in Firmware Version 1.10
Enhanced autofocus (AF) performance.
Only Optio330 users are permitted to download the firmware update.
Firmware for Optio330
No part of this Web site may be copied without the permission of PENTAX Corporation
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.
What You Need
A formatted, blank CompactFlash (CF) card of a brand recommended by Pentax.
A USB (I-USB2) cable.
(when the firmware is to be copied to the CF card via a cable connection between the camera and a PC)
A PC card reader/writer or a PC with a PC card slot.
(when the firmware is to be copied to the CF card without using the USB cable)
The use of the AC adaptor (K-AC2* series) is recommended.
When updating using the lithium-ion battery (D-LI2), please make sure the battery is fully charged.
2. Downloading of File
Download the file (O3_e110w.exe or O3_e110m.sea.bin).
Both the Windows and Mac OS versions of the firmware update software are saved as self-extracting files.
3. Extraction of File
The downloaded file (either O3_e110w.exe or O3_e110m.sea.bin) will produce the following two files when extracted by double-clicking on the file. On Windows, these files will be extracted to the C:O3_e110w folder.
This text file explains how to update the camera firmware.
This is the updated firmware.
4. Copying fwdc101p.bin to CF Card
Copy the updated firmware fwdc101p.bin to the root directory of the formatted, blank CF card. Copying can be carried out using either of the following procedures:
When the camera is connected to a PC via a USB cable:
(A PC running Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000 or Mac OS 8.6 or later are required in order to use a USB connection.)
Insert the CF card in your Optio330 and copy fwdc101p.bin to the root directory of the CF card.
When a PC card reader/writer or a PC card slot is used:
Insert the CF card in the CF card reader/writer or the PC card slot using a PC card adaptor, and copy fwdc101p.bin to the root directory of the CF card.
5. Updating of Firmware
Please read readme.txt and follow the instructions in the text file when updating the firmware.
These instructions will guide you through the process of installing the USB drivers for your Optio 230, Optio 330, or Optio 430 camera on a Windows XP, Windows 98/ME/2000 or a Macintosh computer.
Windows Download Instructions for Windows XP:
Installation Instructions (first time connection):
These instructions assume that you are connecting your Optio camera to your computer for the first time. When you connect the camera to the computer for the first time and turn it on, Windows XP will automatically detect the presence of a new device and load the Found New Hardware Wizard.
If you have previously tried to connect your camera to your computer and were not successful, you may not see anything happen. That is, you will not see the Found New Hardware Wizard and you will not see a new removable disk appear in the My Computer window. If you connect your camera, and nothing happens, please see the section for instructions on updating your Optio drivers.
1. With the computer on, plug the USB cable into the camera and into an available USB port on your computer.
2. Turn the camera on. Windows XP will display the notification Found New Hardware and the Found New Hardware Wizard will open.
3. Found New Hardware Wizard
Make sure to select the Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) radio button. Click NEXT.
4. Please choose your search and installation options.
5. Windows XP will now install the drivers.
6. The wizard will notify you when the installation is complete. Click FINISH to close the wizard.
7. After the installation, you can find your camera in the My Computer window as a removable disk.
Driver Update (prior driver installation has already been attempted)
If you have previously tried to connect your camera to your computer and were not successful, you may not see anything happen during subsequent attempts. These instructions will show you how to update your Optio USB drivers.
Windows Download Instructions for Windows 98/ME/2000:
Installation Instructions for Windows 98 and 2000 (ME instructions follow)
For illustrations please see the instructions above for Windows XP
Installation Instructions for Windows ME
Windows ME works just a little differently to accomplish the same thing.
1. First connect your camera to the computer with the USB cable.
2. Turn your camera on (you can be in any mode).
3. Your computer will automatically detect the camera as new hardware, and start a New Hardware Wizard to help you find the needed drivers. Select Specify the location of the driver (Advanced).
4. Place the selection dot by the Wizard's recommended option if it is not already there. Then place a checkmark by Specify a location: and type c:pentax55 without the quotes into the location field. This will instruct the Wizard to look for the driver files in the location to which you unzipped them earlier.
5. The Wizard will do a quick search and tell you that it has found the needed drivers. Click NEXT.
6. Now, the Wizard will complete the installation. Click FINISH.
7. You're done! You can now find your camera as a removable disk drive in the My Computer window.
Many current and recent Macintosh computers will automatically recognize the camera and load their own USB mass storage drivers. When you attach the camera to your Mac, the camera should automatically appear right on your desktop as an untitled disk drive, which you can double click to access.
However, if you have a USB capable Macintosh with MacOS 8.6 or greater, and your computer sends you error messages or won't otherwise recognize the camera when it is attached, you may need to download and install these Macintosh USB drivers. Please note, these drivers are also available on the CD-ROM originally packaged with your Optio camera. However, we invite you to download and use the drivers on this page if you are no longer in possession of your original CD-ROM.
Macintosh Download Instructions: